Monday 28 June 2010

Short Wedding Dresses

I think my taste in wedding dresses changes at lightning speed, which is why through my short engagement, I have changed what I liked many times, although have stuck with the original design and will wear that to my wedding!

I am definitely having a short dress moment, of course this is an ideal choice for a destination wedding, especially when teamed with killer shoes and fabulous accessories!

Here are some of my favourites at the moment:

Marchesa is a favourite designer, her draping is AMAZING and I love almost every design of hers that I have seen on a catwalk or red carpet over the last few years! This little white number is simply fabulous although you must be thin and tall to pull the look off!

For the more lady like or 50's inspired bride, this Priscilla of Boston dress is a dream, I love the metallic peep toe shoes, although of course I could see a cherry red or olive green shoe complimenting the dress depending on the location of the wedding!

A selection of wedding gowns will almost certainly include a Monique Lhuillier gown, the woman is simply fantastic at designing and this little white dress is proof that you can wear a short dress and feel like a bride! I feel that this dress is more for a petite bride with a romantic outlook!

Herve Leger is known for his bandage dresses that became so popular during 2009 with the body con moment, for those with a killer body, why not show it off in this simple and elegant dress?

Alberta Ferretti has created this classy white dress, I think it would compliment most figures, especially an hourglass shape and could work on a slightly older bride who doesn't feel she can "do" cute anymore!

Alfred Angelo designed this cute dress, I see this on a young bride, it definitely gives off an innocent vibe, I think you could accessorize it up!

Finally, this frothy, frilly and fabulous Lanvin creation, yes it's ridiculous, yes you could never wear it again, but I LOVE IT!!!!!

No comments: