Tuesday 12 January 2010

Wintery Greece

Hi all,  I hope you are all keeping warm in this really wintery weather!


I have decided to embark on a week long dose of inspiring and unusual spots in Greece for a wedding! I am hoping to introduce some of my readers to alternative ideas and for others simply get their imagination going!

So, we are heading over to a gorgeous part of central Greece, called Pelion. This is an area where you can truly have it all, beach, sun, sand, mountains, green and even snow and skiing, all within easy reach and minimal driving!

For those looking for rustic setting for their wedding, think stone, great views, mountaineous landscapes, this is the area to head towards.




The difference from a Greek island is the serenity, life is more laid back, no tour operators, no package holiday makers, just true Greece!










Such incredible scenery, I think this area does cater for any taste!

The hotels in the area are smaller than in the cities and on the islands, making the feel much more cosy and personal.


This is Arhontiko Tafylli, www.arxontiko-tafyli.gr




 

 

This is the gorgeous old olive press guesthouse, I could see a gorgeous garden wedding taking place at this venue! www.palioeleotrivio.gr

All photos of the region are from the website www.visit-pilio.gr

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your blog (even though I'm a guy). My fiance and I are getting married this summer in Antiparos. I was wondering if you have any advice on the actual sacrament of marriage in the greek orthodox church and how would be the best way to split up the readings into greek and english? We're trying to decide which parts to do in which language. Thankfully, our priest is really nice and has agreed to this!

SP Weddings said...

Hi Stelios, well I love that guys read my blog!!!

Congratulations on your imminent wedding!

You're so lucky to have found a priest who will agree to allow you to customise the Orthodox ceremony, to date I have never had the pleasure, so unfortunately would find it hard to advise you on how to best to divide the readings!

Perhaps the initial part of the ceremony, where the priest betrothes the two of you could be said in both Greek and English and again the part where he marries the two of you, I think you want to give just enough information to keep the English speakers captivated and informed, otherwise you will make it a little complicated for anyone to follow!

Good luck!!